Remote Digital Forensic Consultant
Remote - Pleasanton, California, United States
Exciting Remote Digital Forensic contract opportunity.
- 4 plus years of experience in cyber forensic
- Engagements may include the following services:
- Electronic break-in cause determination
- Electronic break-in source determination
- Laptop forensics
- Desktop forensics
- Server forensics
- Disk imaging
- Malware analysis
- Keyword searches
- Network activity monitoring
- Analyze computer network security settings, server, system, router, firewall, intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS) logs and packet capture data.
- Conduct forensic extraction and analysis of data and electronic evidence from seized digital media.
- Configure, install, and maintain Network Intrusion Detection systems and Network Forensic Analysis Tools on locally configured networks.
- Certification: Global Information Assurance Certification Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- Identify key data points regarding information security incidents, such as root-cause analysis, possible attack methods and techniques, malware infection and persistence methods, etc.
- Must understand the life cycle of an Incident and tools used to determine root cause during an incident.
- Operation understanding on reverse engineering malware.
- Perform network, disk, system files and memory forensic analysis.
- Custom tool design to assist in analysis and investigation. (Related experience in programming, database, system administration, etc.).
- Perform custom analysis on (centralized) security event information to analyze incidents.
- Collaborate with Engineering on the development of detection signatures and correlation use cases when appropriate.
Job tags: Firewall Forensics IDS IPS Malware Network security
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 92 6 0