Cyber Security Engineer
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The cyber security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate IP and employee data. As a cyber security engineer, you will serve as a core member of the Cyber Security team focusing on daily cyber security operations, building out our robust catalog of SIEM operations, and identifying and remediating gaps in our program. This includes the interpretation and implementation of cyber security best practices for all Argo AI systems and processes. You will be in a position to assist in securing the technology assets and autonomous vehicle platform of Argo AI. We are not just looking to apply existing cyber security practices, but we want our cyber security to advance the state of the practice!
What you’ll do:
- Have unwavering focus on the protection of Argo’s intellectual property, our employee information, and the data that our partners share with us
- Play a major role in the SIEM operations, including; development, maintenance, and documentation
- Assist in day-to-day security operations tasks; software analysis, vulnerability analysis, and respond to general security inquiries from various lines of business
- Provide timely analysis and support during incident response in accordance with best practices
- Participate in a rotating on-call shift schedule (nights, weekends, & holidays) for emergencies only
- Leverage Threat Intelligence to communicate trending and relevant threats to the organization
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of cyber security experience
- Proficiency in SIEM technology and Security Analysis (applicable certifications are desirable)
- Communication skills to effectively communicate incident response risks and corrective actions
- Ability to multitask with expert organizational skills in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.