Information Systems Security Engineer II
Posted 1 month ago
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated, Mid to Senior level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) looking for hands-on experience and an opportunity for career growth. This role is in support of multiple, force protection systems involving Microsoft, Linux, and Virtualized (VMware) services. Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will facilitate compliance with NIST’s Risk Management Framework, SP 800-53 security controls, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Identify, Select, and Implement applicable security controls for various operating systems and applications IAW NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework.
- Develop and maintain bodies of evidence (BOE) for managed information systems, custom application, services, and networks.
- Develop and disseminate system security policies, processes, and likewise governing products in service of maintaining a low operational risk picture.
- Conduct internal vulnerability assessments and facilitate external Audits.
- Coordinate security-related tasks and activities across other functional areas E.g. Program Management, Engineering, Software Development, etc.
- Produce documentation in response to, and satisfaction of information security requirements.
- Develop full ATO Packages and ATO supporting documentation. Examples are: SSPs, RARs, POA&Ms, SCTMs, RTMs, SLCMs, SARs, Certification Test Reports, Briefings, and Training products. Assist in a secure change management process and related Change Control Boards (CCB).
- Represent the IA function in CCBs and the change management process, including speaking on behalf of the IA Teams to address approval or denial of Change Requests
- Conduct Security Impact Analyses (SIA) on System Change Requests
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and relationship with colleagues and clients.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Must have the ability to translate technical concepts to semi-technical clients.
- 5-7 years of experience configuring and securing systems to achieve compliance with Security requirements (Controls, STIGS).
- 3+ years of experience conducting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities; across all 6 steps.
- 2-5years expertise administering Windows, Linux, VMWare, and Cisco network devices, in an enterprise or tactical environment.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with the Microsoft Office Suite. E.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Nessus/ACAS and HBSS/McAfee ePo.
- Understanding of classified networks, systems, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570.1 IAT/IAM Level 3 Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or comparable.
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent IT certified experience.
- Experience working with non-traditional IT (Example - Small, purpose-built computers and/or networked sensor equipment is a Plus.)
- Certifications: MCSE, Linux+, CEH, CHFI, OCSP.
- Experience with eMass, XACTA
- Experience with Agile, Scrum
- Must have active Secret clearance, with TS/SCI eligibility
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs