Security Engineer - Tooling Support and Automations
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team...
Work with us to define security risk standards and develop Security Hygiene Automation to create central visibility and support Security Risk endpoint technology to empower GoDaddy System Owners to keep their systems aligned to standards.
Your manager is working remotely from EMEA, but you’ll either be working in our Tempe, Phoenix AZ Office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
What you'll get to do...
- Assist with scoping projects, participating in projects from kickoff through definition of done
- Ensure all our Systems are kept updated and maintained and issues that may arise are being resolved within SLA
- Help define best practices and security standards for system patching and hardening and a pro-active, security first approach to creating services and platforms
- Drive standards and security best practices adoption by helping create visibility into the current state across the company
- Participate in On-Call dutyExperience/What we expect from you- The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree or experience with emphasis in information security, application security or related
- Experience with Windows and Linux (Server) OS, maintenance and system configuration and event analysis
- Experience with Tanium endpoint management framework
- Understanding of security principles, industry standards such as the NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Knowledge of scripting languages (such as Python,Go, PowerShell)
- Understanding of Github workflows and CI/CD
- Experience with partially (or fully) managing a project
You might also have...
- Knowledge of AWS Services a plus
- Knowledge of Monitoring systems (Icinga, Sensu, Nagios etc) a plus
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.