Senior Product Security Engineer
Washington, DC, Remote
About the Role:
We believe application security best enables the enterprise when it integrates into developer lifecycles. We build security controls with DevSecOps principles to provide paved paths to secure development.
We're looking for an experienced security engineer who shares these values and is passionate about increasing security maturity while reducing the burden and effect of security controls on engineering.
As a member of the Application and Cloud Security team, you'll lead the software design and implementation of security services, tools, and libraries that protect our cloud-native products. You'll report to the Security Manager for Application and Cloud Security and work with Engineering, DevOps, and IT teams to improve our security posture.
- Contribute to our secrets management solution and lead development of our secrets management libraries.
- Promote security remediations in the CI/CD pipeline by building tools and services for engineers to consume
- Initiate and guide cross-function and cross-team technical plans, including through participation in our Security Advocates program.
- Review architecture and code and advise engineers on mitigating or avoiding vulnerabilities.
- 5+ years experience in a security or engineering function with at least 2 years hands-on experience in security-focused engineering projects.
- Experience driving the technical direction on a software engineering team, in languages like Go, NodeJS, Scala, or Python.
- Experience in software and application security in a cloud-native, micro-service, containerized environment.
- Experience with Hashicorp toolsets such as Terraform and Vault.
- A record of partnering with teams across an organization to achieve security goals.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical role or equivalent experience.
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will elevate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to ultimately better deliver our digital products and services to consumers.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees and paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.