VP, Information Security
San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
Reporting to the SVP of Business Technology, the VP of Information Security is responsible for all aspects of information security for KeepTruckin as we build our brand into the Enterprise that transportation companies small and large trust to manage their fleets.
This role has several key responsibilities that are critical to the success of the company:
- Governance - ensuring that security initiatives are well understood by executives, are funded properly, and move smoothly through their life cycle. Security policies exist, are clear, employees are trained in their uses, and are being followed.
- Security operations - that protect against immediate threats, and respond when something goes wrong. Keeping ahead of security needs by implementing programs or projects that mitigate risks—regular system patches, for instance
- Cyber risk management and cyber intelligence - Understanding developing security threats in the industry and evaluating the potential impact to the business.
- Data protection - ensuring our intellectual property is secure and protected from intentional or unintentional loss or misuse.
- Security architecture planning and implementation - Evaluating, procuring, and rolling out security hardware / software, and making sure IT and network infrastructure is designed with best security practices in mind
- Identity and access management - Ensuring that only authorized people have access to restricted data and systems
- Investigations and forensics - Determining the root cause of incidents, planning remediations of processes or systems, and enforcing policies where they were not followed.
- Work with external auditors and regulators to ensure KeepTruckin is in compliance with federal and state laws
What We're Looking For:
- At least 10+ years of multifaceted security leadership and management experience in a pre-IPO and publicly held company environment
- Hands on experience designing and deploying security controls across all security domains such as access management, data protection, vulnerability management, incident response and management, application security, network security, preventive, detective and offensive security solutions.
- Experience securing cloud based infrastructures; AWS, Netsuite, Salesforce, etc
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements
- Must have up to date knowledge of all current and future security threats that could threaten KT’s business
- Related security certifications a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.