Senior Security Engineering Manager
Bellevue, WA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake Corporate Security team is laser focused on making security better for all Corporate/Enterprise/IT products and services. As a thought leader for this team you will drive security strategies across the Corporate environment that balances Snowflake’s business growth while effectively managing security risks. The Corporate Security Architecture Team within Corporate Security partners with multiple Corporate teams to ensure every new product and service is launched with right security in place from the get go. We are looking for an exceptional security engineering leader to manage and grow this high-impact security architecture team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse Security Architecture team through hiring and developing the current security team.
- Partner with multiple Corporate Teams in providing expert leadership and advice on secure architecture, design, and implementation.
- Operationalize the Security Architecture review/AppSec program for Corporate teams with right processes, tools and metrics
- Lead and drive security projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Drive deep engagement with multiple corporate teams, create security roadmap and define security strategy for partner teams.
- Identify security gaps for Engineering, Sales, HR and Support teams and bring in strategic thinking to raise the security bar for Snowflake.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team and partner teams when necessary
- Partner with Data Science organization and the engineering teams to drive security analytics initiatives.
- Level up your skills securing modern languages and technologies running in a true multi-cloud/SaaS environment like AWS, GCP, Azure, Salesforce and many more.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- You have helped build Security Architecture and/or application security programs before, and have a clear vision for how you would make it better.
- You have multi year (>5 years) experience with threat modeling, and secure architecture.
- You have real world experience in some of basic security concepts like Identity, Data protection, Monitoring, vulnerability management and IR in the cloud services space.
- You have prior experience in working with off the shelf SaaS products and services.
- 7+ years of experience in managing and leading security teams to build scalable security programs, hiring and developing security talent and influencing partner teams to build a security first mindset.
- You are results oriented, who can work backwards from customers’ needs and build a world class security team. You are someone who can think big and start small in a fast paced environment.
- You have hands on development experience and you have used Automation to scale the security program.
- You have expert knowledge in security testing tools and techniques
- You are a strong communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally, with a track record of delivering results and demonstrating strong ownership.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- We are laser focused on doing security better, and we do not tolerate the status quo.
- We have strong demand from our customers, and support from the business for security.
- We are a great team that combines a diverse set of backgrounds and skills.
- Did we mention we are one of the fastest-growing software companies, ever? The opportunity for impact is enormous.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?