Cloud Security Engineer
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in. Our continued commitment to deliver excellence to our customers is built around a true partnership approach.
About the Role
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for the ongoing technical operation of the Datacom Cloud platform and associated services. They will work collaboratively with geographically dispersed teams of Cloud Engineers and Architects to proactively manage our customers Cloud Platforms.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Security Engineer you will be a hands-on professional technical engineer with responsibilities across a broad range of technologies. You will maintain knowledge of the technologies deployed as well as up to date professional certifications to ensure the delivery of an exceptional service.
What your day to day will look like:
- Ongoing management and delivery of Azure or AWS Environments to agreed OLAs and SLAs
- Proactive engagement with customers to ensure their requirements are continually being met with positive outcomes.
- Facilitating the provision of sound consulting advice to the customer as required and assisting them in the identification of solutions for their identified business requirements.
- Reporting: ensuring all operational documentation is managed and prepared for the customer and senior management as required.
- Assist with implementing upgrade/refresh programs, customer deployments/migrations and regular patching
- Identifying and reporting to management of any risks and issues within the Datacom Cloud environments.
What you’ll bring
- Cross skilled and able to support the Cloud System stack comprising of Automation/Orchestration, Hypervisor, Server, Backups, Storage, Network & Application layers.
- Knowledge on Cybersecurity Frameworks and hands on experience.
- COMPTIA+ Certification Desirable
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes, change management and project management.
- Exposure to DR methodologies, planning and execution.
- Practical experience working with Enterprise Network Platforms (Cisco preferred) and associated Management Platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to produce accurate and concise technical documentation.
- Proactive focus with a drive to deliver positive outcomes.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to upskill in new technologies.
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.