Senior Product Security Engineer (Cloud)
The Senior Product Security Engineer will be responsible for helping engineering improve the security of the Tanium's codebase via ongoing assessments and education throughout the entire software development lifecycle. The Senior Product Security Engineer may also take ownership of special projects such as security enhancements to the Tanium codebase or creation of internal tooling that aim at improving the overall security posture of Tanium software. In addition, the Senior Product Security Engineer will perform research on industry trends and developments, and share such perspectives in appropriate forums.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Platform, Product, and Cloud Engineering teams to educate them on threats and vulnerabilities applicable to Tanium’s software.
- Perform security assessments of Tanium’s software.
- Assess the design of new products and major updates to existing products, and provide recommendations to improve security.
- Develop tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
- Develop and share research in the area of product security and vulnerability management.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant work experience preferred
- Expertise with common security testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of web and native application security.
- Expertise in manual and automated pen testing.
- Experience with using Burp Suite or similar tools.
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS or Oracle preferred).
- Experience with fuzz testing.
- Experience with the process of developing, building, and shipping secure code.
- Expertise in determining the severity of a vulnerability and their impact to the business.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.