Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
Systems & Technology Research (STR) has an exciting opportunity for an ISSO that will be responsible for overall information system cybersecurity posture and support. In this dynamic position you will interface and collaborate with other Cybersecurity professionals, Security professionals, System Administrators, and engineering community, on compliance and configuration change management.
- Provides ISSO support to classified computers in a DoD computing environment.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of security Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., SSP, MSSP, RAR, SCTM).
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of assigned information systems.
- Ensure audit records and event logs are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies).
- Work with program personnel to include System Administrators to ensure audit functions are operating properly.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management, and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
- Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, determines controls applicable to the application, and document implementation in Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM).
- Provide support to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining appropriate cybersecurity posture for programs.
- Assist the ISSM in monitoring and resolving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience as an ISSO implementing and maintaining the following information system requirements: NISPOM Chapter 8, DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and/or Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- DoD Directive 8570.1 IA certification (Security +, CISSP, etc.) or ability to obtain within 6 months upon being hired.
- Active TOP SECRET or SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with Windows/Linux or similar operating environments.
- Excellent communications skills (written & oral).
- Customer focused and has excellent time management skills.
- Previous security experience working in an SAP/SCI environment.
- Familiarity conducting vulnerability/compliance scans (Nessus, SCAP, etc.) and performing remediation.
- Ability to conduct information system user briefings.
- Utilize forward thinking to anticipate customer / government changes and challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following but not limited to: Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Information Systems, or Criminal Justice.
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws