Senior Security Engineer
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is currently seeking a Sr. Security Operations Engineer with strong incident response experience. Candidate is responsible for all aspects of security detection engineering and correlation rules management. This hands-on technical role shares responsibilities across the team in threat identification, incident response, and policy development. The Content Engineer will build and improve technical solutions in collaboration with the security team’s internal partners and constituents.
- Responsible for management, administration & maintenance of security devices
- Lead the maturity of the SOC; drive integration of new products and services
- Manage daily operations for Security
- Develop and maintain operations roadmaps for security infrastructure components including intrusion prevention/detection, data security, IT/network security, threat intel, information sharing, and incident tracking
- Routine engagement with different teams to evaluate Security Operations's ability to meet partner needs
- Create and implement security requirements for operating the security infrastructure in a consistent manner
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE......
You should have:
- A passion for information security and technology
- Experience with SOC technologies such as IDS/IPS, UTM firewalls, EDR, anti-virus, network-based threat detection, and netflow.
- Experience working with Docker and cloud computing platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in an operations center environment (GSOC, SOC, CFC, or similar 24x7 communications hub)
- An understanding of operational risks that drives the response process to minimize the impact of these risks
- Experience mapping control frameworks to security practices
- Proven track record running and maintaining IT systems
- Linux+, MCSE, CISM, CISSP, AWS CSS, or relevant experience
- BS in Information Security or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making prudent technical risk decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Ability to automate tasks using a preferred language (e.g. Python)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.