Staff Security Engineer
Remote: AMER Region
App Annie is looking for a reliable, versatile and highly motivated Information Security Engineer to join our company. You will be part of the Information Security team, and drive information security efforts, with a focus on Infrastructure security.
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What does the Information Security team do?
We are responsible for continuously monitoring, responding and actively collaborating, training and directly contributing to reduce our Information Security risks and Data Protection efforts.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I work in App Annie’s Information Security team, with the Engineering, Product and Legal teams, with the security expertise necessary to anticipate, consult and find security weaknesses and compliance issues on App Annie’s online infrastructure. I help make life hard for the bad guys and easy for our developers!
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
- Perform, review and ensure remediation for technical security assessments of our information systems computing environments to identify vulnerabilities and non-compliance with our standards.
- Working very closely with the Engineering team on solutions to ensure new products and architectures meet security requirements.
- Improve company security policies and technical standards.
- Contribute to the security planning and risk management on system and networking operations.
- Perform platform security monitoring, propose and implement control improvements through automation.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities and threats on the environment.
- Handle security improvement initiatives or projects independently and across teams.
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- 5+ years experience in an information security or Unix systems operation position
- Strong skills with Linux systems (ubuntu, debian, ...) administration and security hardening.
- Has security knowledge/expertise in one or more of the following: system security hardening; network security; risk management; intrusion detection (IDS/IPS); firewalls; security audit; penetration testing; vulnerability scanning; cloud security; DLP; SIEM.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Configuration management tools, AWS Cloud services, Infrastructure as code, Database security
- Scripting skills using Shell/Python
- ISO 27001, PCI-DSS
- Security certifications (CEH, GIAC, CISSP, CCSK, ...)
- Application Security, DevSecOps
- Must have good judgment, integrity, independent and good project management skills
- Pragmatic, rigorous, strong will to develop your infrastructure/Cloud security expertise in a fast-paced environment
- You relentlessly push for Excellence, you are not satisfied with “just ok”
This is what we have to offer…
- Creating space for new initiatives and ideas. We’re always open to those, whether you’ve been with us for a week, month, or a year.
- We provide a WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!