Threat and Vulnerability Management Intern
Remote - US
Threat and Vulnerability Management Intern
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Are you interested in how threat actors operate? Have you ever wanted to understand how hackers hack into things? Do you love working with incredibly smart people who inspire you to be better and work harder every day? If you are passionate about cyber security and want to learn how we stay on the leading edge of modern cloud and technology security, consider joining us for the summer.
- Work under supervision and direction of senior members of the Security Operations team
- Participate in the vulnerability management lifecycle and assist with the assessment and reporting of critical vulnerabilities identified in the environment
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Assist the Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) team with threat intel research and implementation of Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) technology
- Research vulnerabilities discovered from the vulnerability management lifecycle, bug bounty program, and pen tests
- Work with the application security team to identify and prioritize remediation of security flaws and vulnerabilities in source code
- Document and help track the status and reporting on activities, issues, projects, etc. to team leadership
- Be open to working on projects in other areas of Security Operations such as the Security Operations Center (SOC) or Security Engineering.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to progress security projects and initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with support teams, management, and cross functional working groups
Your team will:
Due to our unique position within LiveRamp, we interact heavily with our cross-functional allies in product engineering. The team will identify bugs or flaws within our products and platforms and work with software engineers to advance our security posture. Use threat intelligence to prioritize remediation of vulnerabilities and address security weaknesses.
We will be working to develop guidance for the organization, with potential areas of focus including but not limited to: cloud architecture, security tool automation, vulnerability research, security investigations, and new product initiatives.
- Strong interest and understanding of Information Security principles and technologies, technical information, and security concepts
- Ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and self-directed learning, including researching
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud computing environments
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving and evaluative skills, and an ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options, and make conclusions
- Related Coursework: Vulnerability Management & Remediation, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Network/Endpoint Security, Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance, or Information Technology
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools and reporting
- Experience with vulnerability management scoring methodologies
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10
- Experience with the threat intelligence lifecycle
- Experience with application security frameworks
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: Remote
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.