Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
College Park, MD
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer who is interested in working in a fast-paced environment providing cybersecurity support for a cloud-native DevSecOps platform for a DoD customer. The successful candidate will support accreditation activities to attain Authority-to-Operate for cloud platforms and services, analyze security posture of services, secure and harden services, and monitor platforms and services for vulnerabilities and threats. Our Cybersecurity Engineers are asked to solve challenging problems for unique customers and have a direct impact on the direction of software products and solutions used by those customers. This position is located in College Park, MD.
- Develop, review, and critique assessment and authorization (A&A) documentation in compliance with DoD Cybersecurity policy and agency guidance, including DoD, ICD, CNSS, and NIST special publications.
- Research security standards/tools; review or conduct system security and vulnerability assessments of cloud and on-prem environments in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity frameworks.
- Research and identify best practices to harden and secure containers and Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Ensure platform and networks are compliant with DoD policies
- Provide oversight to the cybersecurity team
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience providing oversight to a cybersecurity team
- Deep knowledge and experience with FedRAMP or Impact Level assessments
- Experience assessing the security of cloud and Kubernetes environments
- Extensive experience with NIST special publications, RMF and the various control families within
- Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level consumption
- Advanced problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
- Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
- HS Diploma
- US Citizenship and an active Secret security clearance
- Previous experience with newer ATO strategies such as Fast Track or Continuous ATO
- Knowledge of Platform One Iron Bank secure registry of hardened containers
- Previous experience providing training in RMF or explaining cyber security concepts to others in a training like environment
- The following certifications are desired: CEH, Security+, CISSP, CISM, CKA
- Knowledgeable on zero trust architecture concepts such as Google BeyondCorp
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.