Senior Security Engineer (f/m/x)
We’re looking for a new teammate to join us on the journey of keeping HelloFresh a trusted name - someone with a passion for security who’s hungry for new challenges. Security Engineers work in a variety of ways to constantly iterate and improve HelloFresh’s security posture. You will be the first port of call for responding to any of HelloFresh’s security related questions and concerns. You will also develop and deliver tools and processes to enable colleagues to achieve their goals and objectives.
What you’ll do
- Enhance the security posture of the modern cloud infrastructure and services and harden them against abuse and nefarious activity
- Secure containers, CI/CD pipelines and implement guardrails for the developers aligned with the DevSecOps principles
- Develop or implement automated threat hunting and mitigation tools in AWS cloud
- Conduct design, RFC and code reviews
- Mentor and train your peers on the latest best practices
- Develop practices and processes to help us scale further securely
What you’ll bring
- Enthusiasm and passion for security and staying abreast of new attacks and adversarial TTPs
- Proven proficiency in one modern scripting language like Python or Go
- Decent exposure to Terraform, Docker, container mgmt. services, CI/CD and secrets management in microservices-based architectures
- Experience in designing and implementing security controls within an Azure/AWS environment
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies and modern collaboration tools like Jira, Slack
- A skeptical, data driven mindset that is eager to go under the hood in the face of challenges
- Experience with log analysis stacks like Graylog/ElasticSearch, Splunk/SumoLogic
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe's vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we've become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.