Security Engineering Intern
Remote - US
Security Engineering Intern
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Do you want to exercise and grow your technical skills? Do you like to automate tasks that make everyone’s life easier? Do you love working with incredibly smart people who inspire you to be better and work harder every day? If you are passionate about cyber security and want to learn how we stay on the leading edge of modern cloud and technology security, consider joining us for the summer.
- Assist security engineers with enhancement to LiveRamp’s security tools
- Contribute to development of use cases to automate and orchestrate security or business tasks
- Assist security engineers with review of log and threat detection coverage for detection enablement
- Assist security engineers with development of workflow automations, analytics, and visualizations
- Share ideas for detecting compromises on corporate laptops and in the cloud
- Be open to working on projects in other areas of Security Operations such as the Security Operations Center (SOC) or Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- Interface with cross-functional teams to progress security projects and initiatives
- Develop strong working relationships with support teams, management, and cross functional working groups
Your team will:
Due to our unique position within LiveRamp, we interact heavily with our cross-functional allies in product engineering. The team will find new and interesting ways to achieve the most functionality from our security technology, and find smarter ways of detecting malicious activity.
We will be working to develop guidance for the organization, with potential areas of focus including but not limited to: cloud architecture, security tool automation, vulnerability research, security investigations, and new product initiatives.
- Strong interest and understanding of Information Security principles and technologies, technical information, and security concepts
- Ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and self-directed learning, including researching
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud computing environments
- Desire to learn and implement cloud security best practices
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of at least one major security technology platform (e.g. DLP, EDR, SIEM, CASB)
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving and evaluative skills, and an ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate options, and make conclusions
- Related coursework: Design Patterns, Algorithms, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Networking , Incident Response & Forensics, Vulnerability Management & Remediation, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Network/Endpoint Security, Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Pursuing a technical degree such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Security Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology
- Experience creating automations using scripting languages or other tools
- Experience working with APIs
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: Remote
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.