Solutions Architect (Field Security Officer)
Remote, United States
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab's top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Engage with customers, both onsite and remote, in a technical consultancy and advisor role during the pre-sales process while providing technical assistance and solution guidance.
- Provide executive-level, security-related thought leadership on strategic opportunities (i.e., new logo and growth)
- Own CISO, CSO, and/or chief security architect relationships in key accounts while providing credible, leading-edge security guidance to help orchestrate their desired outcomes
- Assist account teams with GitLab product security and compliance expertise in order to drive ARR for GitLab while also providing direction on opportunity and account strategies related to selling and expanding with security (e.g., up-tier)
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue targets through the adoption of GitLab.
- With comprehensive knowledge of the GitLab platform and associated technologies, educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab while participating in discussions throughout the organization to ensure successful GitLab deployment.
- Guide technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, RFP/audit support, and workshop design.
- Act as a prospect / customer advocate on security related matters
- Curate and manage security related field feedback, while collaborating with the product team on issue prioritization
- Contribute to security sales strategy and playbooks in while collaborating with marketing and product teams
- Scale and grow regional-level expertise within the field (SAL/AE,SA,TAM) through contributions to enablement and content
- Bootstrap security Communities of Practice at GitLab for cross-functional collaboration in order to drive ARR for GitLab
- Build deep relationships with people within customer environments to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Maintain specialty competency in one or more technologies related to GitLab's market focus through activities such as training, certification and creation of working examples for reuse internally and by customers and partners.
- Significant experience with information technology security is preferred
- Experience as CISO/CSO is a plus
- Experience delivering information/Cyber Security and compliance related solutions and assessments
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies
- Experience with application vulnerability management and associated regulations (i.e. PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST 800-731 and more) and tools (i.e. SAST, DAST, SCA)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies to all levels in an organization (i.e., executive to staff engineer)
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab, including learning GitLab as part of the role
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
Individual Contributor Hiring Process:
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.