Junior Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Are you interested in joining an amazing technical team providing cyber operations support to a variety of complex organizations? phia, LLC is seeking a Junior Information System Security Officer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). DOE is responsible for the protection of vital national security information and technologies, representing intellectual property of incalculable value throughout nearly thirty sites and laboratories nationwide. The position is in Washington, D.C.
- Support day-to-day system security operations to ensure that operational security is maintained for various Information Systems
- Work with ISSM/CISO to determine security control alternatives, conduct security controls testing, and review network scans using ACAS/Nessus/Tenable) to determine abnormalities
- Leverage eGRC tools such as RSA Archer, Telos Xacta 365, DOD VMS/eMASS or similar
- Support system or risk assessments or accreditations in accordance with ICD 503, NIST 800-53, or the Risk Management Framework NIST 800-37 Rev. 2
- Create and maintain Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation: Software/Hardware Inventory, Network diagrams, INFOSEC Policies and Procedures, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, and Configuration Management Plans, SCTM, SAR and RAR
- Capture and refine information security requirements for new systems or for enhanced functionality on existing system and ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Assist with assessing Information Assurance long term needs and acquisition requirements
Implement information security standards and procedures
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- 4 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field; or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Active Top Secret or Q clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
- Have or obtain within 6 months DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification(s)
- Exposure to federal government IT risk management suites.
- Experience providing regulatory and organizational performance reports; communicating system status and user behavior analytics to include Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms).
- Ability to understand and learn the technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed to meet customer mandates.
- Highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize assignments, and work in a collaborative team environment
- An effective communicator both verbal and written
- Meet or exceed DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
- Or DOD IAT Level III certification requirements: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH
WORK SCHEDULE: Core Hours (8am-5pm; start/end time flexible)
WORK LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
TRAVEL: Minimal; <5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Pandemic rotating schedule one week onsite; two weeks offsite; normal operations ad-hoc with approval.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: DOE Q Clearance / DoD Top Secret; Current SCI desired. Must have had a valid investigation within last 5 years.
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with a focus in all thing’s cyber (operations, intelligence, analysis, engineering, development, program management). As a boutique cybersecurity company phia is focused on passionate individuals looking for a phamily to grow with. Our work represents some of the most complex cyber challenges facing organizations with unique missions. The work we do supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance and flexibility, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance