Cyber Security Analyst I
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
With over two decades of successfully operating, managing, and securing private, public, and hybrid cloud environments, Ntirety has led enterprises across industries through the volatile early days of data hosting into the world of 24x7 managed security with our premier Compliant Security solutions. Through cost effective and scalable solutions tailored to business-specific needs, Ntirety eliminates gaps in both security posture and compliance documentation by delivering solutions that cover the entire application, the entire compliance and security process, the entire time.
When it comes to a cybersecurity crisis, the question is not if, but when it will happen – that’s why Ntirety’s mission to provide proactive compliant security is crucial in today’s business landscape. No matter what role or department you work in, being a part of Ntirety means supporting all of our different teams to help keep our clients protected and updated on the latest in cybersecurity.
We are a passionate team, but we are small, so we seek someone that can roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Our hope is that speaks to you! Still with us? You likely believe that there is more to a job than just getting paid, and that the mission really matters. Good. Because we believe that too.
Join the team at the forefront of this mission-critical industry.
For more information about Ntirety, please visit www.ntirety.com or check out our @lifeatntirety Instagram and Twitter pages.
Cyber security analysts are responsible for managing, monitoring, troubleshooting and protecting both the security of our internal environment and that of our customers. They will perform any steps necessary to that end. They will design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the security systems that protect an organization’s computer systems and data. As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will monitor the computer networks under management for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues you identify. This role also acts as the first point of contact for customer related security incidents and questions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitor computer networks for security issues and respond accordingly, including:
o Creating/Managing firewall rules
o Managing anti-virus endpoint tools
o Performing event correlation analysis on potential threats identified through our SIEM
o Configuring/Managing log management
o Configuring/Managing file integrity monitoring
o Performing vulnerability scans and remediation of identified risks
o The methodology & analysis of identifying compromised servers
o Performing rule tuning in our SIEM for improved detection capabilities
· Interact with customers by phone, chat, or trouble ticket on any customer facing security issues.
· Investigate, document and assess security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
· Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
· Prepare security reports for customer business insights reviews to support our guidance level agreements initiatives.
· Identify and fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
· Work with other technology teams and customers to perform tests and uncover network or other vulnerabilities.
· May be relied upon as a technical point of contact during Escalated Events relating to security.
· Review, investigate and respond to any external “abuse” complaints coming from our IP space.
· Develop best practices for IT security.
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Handle escalated internal or customer security issues from support or other operations team.
· Takes part in any security-oriented projects or critical initiatives.
· Stay up to date on information technology & security news, trends and standards.
· Deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
· Other duties as identified or assigned.
DESIRED ROLE OUTCOMES:
· Keep us and our customers free from security incidents but respond capably when one occurs.
· Contribute to continually improving our detection of security threats.
· Provide valuable insights and visibility around security incidents to our customers.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must have technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Understanding of network management principles.
· Experience in systems administration of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
· Working knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper networking equipment, LogRhythym SIEM solution or similar technologies.
· Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, penetration testing, vulnerability scans and IDS/IPS concepts.
· Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
· Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
· Ability to learn and communicate technical information to non-technical people.
· Must have excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
· Must emulate the Ntirety Values in all that they do.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
· Additional certifications in security related disciplines (eg: Security+, CEH, CISSP, etc.)
Ntirety is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA).
Ntirety offers a competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, FREE Medical to Employees, Dental, retirement plan with 401(k) match, and much more. If you are interested in joining a
profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Ntirety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Ntirety thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.