Principal Cloud Security Engineer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
What's your new role about?
How would you feel about being the key hire in Information Security in a tech start-up? As a Principal Cloud Security Engineer you would work closely with our Security Architecture & Engineering functions in order to help enable us to manage the risks associated with our tech. You’ll play a key role in our identity management strategy and take lead of implementation, management and operation of security services and controls in the cloud and on-premise. Well if that sounds like an appealing challenge for you in your career; take a closer read...
Ori - Defining the future of computing
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of your role (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- Integrate yourself with the various teams across our Technology organisation to embed good security practices
- Provide security input and appraisal for solutions delivered to our Architecture Review Board
- Design and deliver a security solution that caters to a massively distributed cloud architecture
- Identify security risks and threats to the business based on a variety of sources
- Help us to deliver security from the start with the potential to become a key member of the team and the driver behind growing our security organisation
To be successful in your new role, these are the essentials you’ll need
- In depth knowledge of OS security fundamentals (focussing on Linux)
- Significant experience defining and gathering data points for security analysis and correlation with threat intelligence from a variety of sources
- Experience with detecting techniques laid out in the MITRE Att&ck framework and deploying suitable countermeasures
- Strong understanding of network security, router/switch/firewall logging and netflow data analysis
- Knowledge of SIEM and/or EDR solutions and incident management driven from these types of platform
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management approaches and applicable security mechanisms
It would be great if you had these too; if you don’t, we’ll support your learning
- Experience with Open Source technologies in the realm of cloud, PaaS/IaaS, containerization and distributed computing
- Hands-on experience working with large scale web or cloud architectures desirable
- Experience securing Kubernetes or similar systems highly desirable
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 4% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance
Find out more at: https://www.ori.co/