Information Security Engineer (Insider Threat)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER (INSIDER THREAT)
We are looking for an engineer to join the insider threat team, whose mission is to protect SpaceX’s intellectual property and confidential business information from internal and external threats. Information drives our business and we must protect against unauthorized changes, improper destruction, loss, or theft of that information. As a highly visible and dynamic organization, we must also value and guard against damage to our reputation and brand. As a security engineer you will work closely with the insider threat team members as well as the Security Operations Center (SOC) team to develop SpaceX’s program to deter, detect, and respond to threats to the company’s intellectual property and confidential business information. The insider threat program is part of the greater information security organization.
- Develop rules to alert, prevent, and mitigate threats using network and endpoint technologies
- Build and maintain automation that supports the information security mission across SpaceX, to be used by information security teammates and other partner organizations
- Work closely with the Insider Threat and the Security Operations Center (SOC) teams to improve the insider threat program
- Identify and evaluate risks, and then discover, select, and implement technology and process solutions that mitigate those risks
- Contributes to tool optimization and automation initiatives to streamline analysis and response workflows
- Create custom detections for the insider threat team
- Creating and validating access and authorization controls for sensitive data
- Communicate status of projects and systems to the Information Security team, management, and partner organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 2+ years of information security experience; or 4+ years of information security experience without a degree
- Experience with regular expressions and scripting language(s) (e.g. Python or PowerShell)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and/or Mac internals and security controls for those systems
- Experience with ELK, Splunk and/or other SIEMs
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Endpoint log collection
- Involvement in insider threat investigations
- Experience writing queries and creating dashboards
- Proficiency with automating work-flows and streamlining processes in the security space
- Experience performing analytics against aggregated log data, and building configurations to parse and handle log data from systems and tools
- Experience analyzing and responding to security alerts and insider threat incidents
- Knowledge of MITRE Att&ck Framework
- Experience with broader system forensics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- SANS GIAC, OSCP, CEH or similar certifications
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.