Co-Op/Intern Information Security Analyst
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Co-Op/Intern Information Security Analyst
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
Term length: 8 or 12 months starting Sep 7, 2021
About the team
The Information Security Analyst Co-Op is responsible for day to day monitoring of security systems to ensure conformation with the information security standards and policies.
This role will report directly to the Director, Information Security. The Information Security team is responsible for all security related handling for Kinaxis Corporate and Kinaxis RapidResponse Software-as-a-Service.
What you will do
- Review security logs from all systems. Correlate and identify intrusions or areas of risk
- Conduct vulnerability and penetration tests against defined infrastructure to identify weakness
- Identify compromised systems on the network and assist with containment and mitigation
- Identify and propose key information security program priorities, initiatives, plans, practices and tools
- Provide guidance (e.g., information security risk severity assessments / relative cost benefit analysis etc.) and provide recommendations regarding prioritization of investments and projects that mitigate risks, strengthen defenses and reduce vulnerabilities
- Implement and support approved information security projects and internal/external security audits
- Collaborate across the company to ensure information security risks in both ongoing and planned operations are properly considered and that all compliance matters are being adhered to as required
- Monitor information security trends and evolving technologies and keep senior management informed about related information security issues and implications for the Company
- Understand potential and emerging information security threats, and vulnerabilities and communicate this information to appropriate team members throughout the Company on a timely basis
- Participate in the Security Incident Response Process
- Assist with disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Performs technical risk assessments and reviews of new and existing applications and systems, including data center physical security and environment
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency
- May perform additional projects upon request
What we are looking for
- Education background in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems
- Technical skills relevant to Information Security such as secure coding standards, ethical hacking techniques, security operations, cloud security architecture, SEIM, operating system security, vulnerability and threat management
- Knowledge and understanding of network security principles / network concepts such as (gateway, http proxy, vlans, dmz, VPN, firewalls, etc)
- Knowledge and skills across operating systems such as (Windows, Linux, VMWare)
- Experience with authorization and authentication technologies such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID
- Familiarity with Information Security industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations (e.g., SSAE16, SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, NIST, ISO27000, CobiT, ISF, OWASP, SANS)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com