IT Security Engineer
New York, Boston
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The IT Security team is internally focused with the mission of securing the endpoints, applications, infrastructure, services and networks that Datadog employees rely on on a daily basis. This includes thousands of devices running macOS, Windows, Linux and Chrome OS, as well as SaaS services like Google Workspace and Zoom, hosted services running in AWS and the Meraki networks in our offices.
As a Security Engineer for the IT team, you will help ensure our applications, services and networks are secure and compliant in a cloud and SaaS environment.
- Develop, maintain and improve IT security tools
- Harden IT systems, services and networks
- Respond to IT security incidents
- Collaborate with other Datadog teams in the development and implementation of new security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Be a security subject matter expert within the Datadog IT program
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of IT systems, operations and security concepts
- Proven track record of security proficiency
- Experience in core project languages like Python or Golang
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience implementing BeyondCorp style, zero-trust network and service architectures
- You harden macOS for fun
- Familiarity with user focused security or https://honest.security
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.