Cloud Security Engineer
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
The DevOps team undertakes full responsibility for developing a broad portfolio of highly available, automated, scalable, reliable, and secure systems allowing to improve velocity, quality, performance, and security of how Unite Us develops, delivers, iterates, recovers, and maintains production systems.
Unite Us is seeking a self-driven, Junior to Mid level Cloud Security Engineer (SecOps). The Cloud Security Engineer, considered a security and technical expert in cloud security technology, architects, designs, systems implementation and integration with deep, specialized knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
The Engineer's first task will be to analyse the current setup, communicate with affected teams, and make necessary changes using automation (IaC). The Engineer will then be responsible for designing and delivering security solutions in Cloud infrastructure based on Cloud security standards, governance and control practices. Conducts technical research when necessary to contribute to setting cloud security direction and strategy. Assists others on their own team, or other teams where applicable, on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects. Experience in scripting languages like Python, Unix Shell (bash/ksh), etc. and CICD tools like Jenkins would be a great plus.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement changes to existing security tools, applications and processes based on changes in scope or needs.
- Perform analysis of current security setup and policies, and provide recommendations
- Design cloud infrastructure to protect PII/PHI data
- Designs, develops and implements new cloud security technologies
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for security tools, applications and processes, including New Relic, Splunk, Lacework
- Identify, manage and maintain KPI and other metrics for core processes
- Review and assess the current supported tools, apps and processes to determine gaps for meeting the needs of the stakeholders
- Work directly with engineering teams to align and execute infrastructure changes to support the tools, apps and processes
- Create process documents for operations, maintenance and integrating output from these tools into daily security operations.
- Comfortable collaborating with team members outside of direct team to improve organizational practices and processes
- Comfortable with Terraform, Jenkins, Jira
- Demonstrated ability to use infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Contributes heavily to automate managing cloud infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience as Cloud Security Engineer performing security analysis and setup following the recommended best practices
- Proven track record securing the infrastructure within an organization
- Expertise in modern tooling (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expertise in modern cloud-based infrastructure
- Expertise in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in AWS Cloud environment
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience in security fundamentals
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is Remote (US Based) (Occasional visit to NY office)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.