Information Security Internship 2021
Remote - USA
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About Quartet's Internship Program:
“Quartet hires the best and brightest minds to get patients the right care, at the right time.”
Quartet employees, known as Quartetians, work together within a common set of values; we collaborate and make a difference through Building Trust, Amplifying Diverse Perspectives, Advocating Fiercely, Showing Up in Earnest and Embodying Kindness. We are driven by the knowledge and passion of our colleagues, our desire to put in quality work for the sake of our patients, and our recognition that every Quartetian has something important to say, value to add, and a life outside of work.
You will work on real projects that deliver real impact for people, receive mentorship and feedback, form lasting connections beyond your time here, and discover whether healthcare technology is the right career path for you.
About the team & opportunity:
You will be part of our growing Security team at Quartet Health, helping to support (and secure) our AWS-based, HIPAA-regulated environment. The Security team is responsible for Quartet’s Cloud and Application security, focusing on areas like threat detection, incident response, and compliance monitoring.
During your internship, you will:
- You’ll learn to work with Wazuh to deploy a FIM and DLP solution.
- You’ll take part in evidence preparation and submission for our HITRUST certification.
- Work alongside a security engineer on vendor assessments.
- Learn to configure and use Wazuh with an engineer.
- Participate in agile team meetings and sprints.
- Learn how to discover findings and participate in remediation.
- Working towards a Computer Science, Cyber Security, Software Engineering or related degree
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter who is curious and knows where to look for the right answers
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- Why you are interested in Quartet Health
- Three to five bullet points detailing what you want to achieve during your internship.
- Your availability to intern on a full-time basis, and also what dates are you available to join full-time after your internship is complete?
- Duration of internship: June 14 - August 20, 2021, commitment of 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday). All internships are paid.
- Internship applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, all applications must be submitted by April 30, 2021.
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, this internship will be remote / virtual, so you can work from home in any location to participate.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.