Software Developer - Threat Research
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team...
The Threat Research team collaborates with all GoDaddy cybersecurity teams to surface actionable intelligence to foster rapid triage of security risks, threats and incidents and enables data-driven decisions that improve our prevention and detection posture.
We’re looking for a passionate software developer / threat researcher who loves to dive into technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before. We treasure curiosity, communication, passion for security, a bias towards collaboration and action and the desire to embrace and extend standard methodologies and patterns. You can develop novel new software libraries, features and entire services or applications from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team and organization. If you’re the kind of person who can’t see something that isn’t right without a compulsion to make it at least just a little bit better before you put it back, we want to talk to you!
You’ll be able to work remotely, or in our Kirkland, Tempe, or Scottsdale offices.
What you'll get to do...
- Learn and apply Threat Intelligence tradecraft leading to well informed cybersecurity and business decisions
- Design and deliver cloud security product technologies for our threat intelligence platform
- Contribute to security project architecture documentation
- Collaborate cross company on secure design standards, best practices, and next generation security features for cloud applications
- Participate in threat modeling on all GoDaddy products
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience with emphasis in information security, application security, cryptography, or related
- 1-5 years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as apache, nginx, and runtime frameworks
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and standard methodologies (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
You might also have...
- Understanding of cyber security principles and threat intelligence expertise
- Knowledge of top web application vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of static/dynamic code testing
- AWS and Kubernetes experience
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra)
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.