Security Engineer, Internal Trust
North America, Remote
Safeguard Stripe’s high trust culture by proactively and reactively identifying actors at Stripe that violate that trust.
Security Engineering is building out our Internal Trust organization focused on protecting Stripe's culture of internal transparency by preventing unintentional leaks and abuse of access, and detecting and attributing intentional leaks and abuse of internal access. We’re looking for talented Security Engineers who are excited about building out detection capabilities with an emphasis on user behavior, information misuse, and insider threat intelligence in order to maintain the highest level of internal trust and integrity across Stripe’s environment.
## In this role, you will:
- Investigate across a broad spectrum of threats and abuse including abuse of personal data, intellectual property, and leaks of sensitive information.
- We collaborate across our security engineering teams to build detection capabilities and analyze how abuse happens so that we can stay ahead of those who are interested in misusing their access.
- Build out forensic tooling and capabilities for detection and alerting of irregular and/or anomalous internal activities
- Partner closely with other engineering teams to build detection capabilities and analyze how insider abuse occurs, and define playbooks for detecting and responding to insider abuse of information
- Act as the Security Engineering SME and main point of contact for executives and business partners invested in these initiatives (legal, HR, Compliance, Communications, etc.)
## You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 8+ years of Security Engineering experience within a tech focused, fast paced company
- Take a data-driven approach to detection and rely on your abilities to build and automate solutions rather than 3rd party OTS solutions
- 5+ years of work specifically dedicated to Insider Threat Detection within a rapidly scaling organization
- Operate with high degree of discretion, integrity, and professionalism
- Have B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience