i3 Threat Analyst
RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts and Fortune-500 organizations, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for an i3 Threat Analyst to join our team! This position is based in Lenexa, Kansas.
The Incident Investigation and Intelligence (i3) Program within RiskIQ is built to provide services to all clients who utilize the RiskIQ platform suite, but specifically to use RiskIQ technology and data to provide analytic solutions for our clients who need support for their attack surface management strategy. Fundamentally, i3 provides actionable intelligence used to protect C-Suite and high net worth individuals from physical threats, exposures of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and instances of social media account impersonation thereby safeguarding the individual, their reputation, family, and by extension, their company through the Executive Guardian platform. i3 also utilizes the External Threats platform to manage threats on behalf of our clients who come under assault from phish, domain infringement, brand impersonation, and data leakage to name a few. The i3 Threat Analyst is an entry level analytic role that will learn how to build and maintain complex technical logic to identify online threats to clients, manage client threat events, and take the appropriate action to suppress harmful content on the internet in order to protect our clients, their people, and their assets. i3 Threat Analysts will also perform threat attribution research for the purposes of providing clients with finished and actionable intelligence products relevant to the safety and security of clients, their assets and operations. The i3 Threat Analyst has basic technical proficiency, is proactive, and business-minded using both available open source and proprietary data sets to confidently support attribution of virtual threat actors with their actions. i3 Threat Analysts may eventually be considered for advancement into either the i3 Protective Intelligence or Threat Intelligence Analyst tracks.
- Basic configuration of technical details in the RiskIQ platform to identify sensitive data on the web for clients, including proprietary data and Personally Identifiable Information
- Manage client workspaces to identify threats such as phish, domain infringement, brand infringement, social media impersonations, and mobile app fraudulent activity
- Review and appropriately escalate detections based on the urgency of the discovered data/threat
- Monitor the RiskIQ platform and alert/support senior staff to conduct security/threat investigations into threat actors and their activities world-wide, using industry tools and proprietary information
- Assist in the production of threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Identify opportunities to predict and prevent future security issues and/or incidents
- Collaborate with client security teams digitally, via phone, or at time, in person to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Collaborate with RiskIQ Legal and Engineering teams to ensure appropriate mitigation of identified risks
- Work with sensitive and confidential information and ensure highest standards to protect client confidentiality
- Support the production of finished threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Collaborate with senior i3 team members to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s Preferred
- Familiarization with social media with exceptional research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interface with and communicate with clients
- Experience managing multiple projects, and the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving corporate priorities
- Basic understanding of investigative analysis, and communicating findings to consumers
- Approximately 5-10% global travel required
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Silicon Valley Vibe in Kansas - Some of our perks include: Unlimited time off, stock options, medical, dental & vision benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly lunches, and a fun and flexible work environment.
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams worldwide. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company at the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2020 due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. Our platform helped the security community respond to threats around COVID-19, the election, and SolarWinds and Microsoft Exchange vulnerabilities.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced, with a track record in successful technology and cybersecurity startups.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle, and new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You'll have as much challenging and meaningful work as you can handle, as well as the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.