Remote - United Kingdom
Like a lot of technology companies, we are mostly working remotely at Starling and we think we will be for a while to come. We’re open to applications from across the UK.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our growth, we are looking for SOC Analysts to join our growing cyber security function. This role will be supporting our 24/7 operational capabilities.
As a member of the Starling SOC team, you will be working with the industries brightest SecOps professionals to protect Starling customers, assets, and systems using the latest technologies.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Incident Triage, Response, and Investigations based on Alerts received from multiple sources which include:
- Cloud Infrastructure/ Security.
- Endpoint Detection and Response.
- Perimeter detection tooling.
- Investigating and responding to security alerts raised by Users.
- Enhancing and creating analytic triggers to enhance alert efficacy.
- Continuous development of incident handling and redieness processes.
- Proactive threat hunting based on threat intelligence.
- Documentation of incidents and investigations.
- A genuine desire to become a part of a technically strong security team.
- Understanding of AWS Security Solutions.
- Experience working and supporting analytics/ SIEM platforms.
- Experience working in CSIRT/ SOC functions.
- Experience supporting Incident Response engagements.
- Self motivation and willingness to learn.
- A pragmatic and hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Experience in endpoint based investigations.
- Interest in Automation.
- Interest in Threat Intelligence and analytical tuning.
- A high level understanding of mobile, network and operating system security
- Any experience of programming in Python, Go an/or Java.
- A Cyber/Information Security related degree and/or relevant cyber security qualification(s).
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.