Senior Incident Response Engineer
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
We are looking for an experienced Senior Incident Response Engineer who enjoys security work and has a wide breadth of knowledge in the security space. You will be part of a team that is responsible for the security of the Carvana environment, which includes on premise and cloud infrastructures, with a focus on Threat and Response; a team that takes care of all security incident related tasks, and projects. You will get to work on Incident response, conducting forensics and malware analysis. As well as engineering projects such as SIEM correlation, EDR tuning and integration in addition to other fun projects that aim to improve Carvana overall security.
What you’ll get to do:
- Engineer, implement and administer security tools across the enterprise.
- Provide subject matter expertise to drive security incidents to resolution.
- Develop, document and execute different Incident response playbooks.
- Serve as a point of escalation to all information security incidents, that includes but not limited to providing direction, training, and guidance to other security engineers and analysts.
- Conduct network and systems forensics, log analysis and basic malware analysis.
- Implement various information security controls to accomplish full incident containment, and mitigation.
- Drive post mortem plans to improve Carvana’s cyber security posture.
- Assist in creation well-defined, time-lined, and clear deliverables.
- Work with global network engineers, systems administrators, and applications owners to implement security controls and processes.
- Lead different security operations projects, including process and Playbooks improvement.
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Carvana’s incident investigation processes
The qualifying candidate must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess advanced troubleshooting skills. Your experience will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the on-premise and hosted environments. You should have:
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in the Information security field.
- Have deep technical knowledge and expertise in the Incident response, Threat detection at scale, Threat hunting, and creating effective infosec best practices.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, attack models ( such as MITRE’s ATT&CK framework), and experience applying them at scale.
- Hands-on experience in creating detection correlation rules, basic integration, deploying various InfoSec tools, and intelligence gathering.
- Hands-on experience with Incident response, and containment practices.
- Advanced understanding of cloud environments (such as AWS).
- Familiarity with cloud platform’s information security related capabilities.
- A broad base of technical knowledge in system administration, network engineering, and compliance.
- Proven track record of delivery results in an enterprise environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Excellent writing skills
What you can expect in return….
- A full-time, salaried position
- Medical (employee medical fully paid by Carvana), Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401K with company match
- All the snacks and drinks your heart desires (plus iced coffee on tap!)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.