Corporate Security Engineer
Remote - US / Canada
Interested in securing corporate endpoints, SaaS applications, access control systems, defining and communicating corporate security policy, and working with threat detection and intelligence teams?
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We are looking for an experienced Corporate Security Engineer to evolve and advance the corporate information security posture of GitHub and its ecosystem.
As a Corporate Security Engineer, you will work alongside other members of the GitHub Security, IT, and Engineering organizations to help drive technical direction for all things corporate security. You will develop and mature a comprehensive corporate security program, build tools to manage SaaS and corporate security systems sustainably, and foster effective, scalable process development. A successful applicant will have a desire to work in tandem with threat detection professionals to secure GitHubbers and GitHub systems in diverse environments at scale.
Corporate Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Build repeatable, and verifiable automation and infrastructure for security integrations
- Develop and mature corporate security policy and process
- Partner with threat detection, incident response, and threat intelligence resources to identify, investigate, and mitigate threats
- Work solo or collaboratively while delivering simultaneous projects on a deadline
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience securing corporate enterprise environments and collaborating with incident response, corporate security, security engineering, and threat intelligence resources
- Several years experience effectively working with distributed and remote security teams
- Experience managing and securing SaaS, access control, and identity management systems at scale (MFA, SAML, WebAuthn, etc.)
- Experience developing tools to manage and monitor corporate enterprise systems in primarily remote and cloud environments
- Experience writing tools using Python
- The ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to decision making while applying practical security principles and practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong sense of empathy
- Experience supporting governance and compliance requirements
- 5+ years or more of demonstrable proficiency in security engineering
- General experience in the following disciplines with deep experience in one or more:
- Log analysis: Large scale analysis of standard and custom log types using client and server side log analysis tools such as Splunk, ELK, Kusto, and Sentinel
- Secure baselines for and hardening of user endpoints (MacOS, Linux, and Windows)
- Experience with Azure and LDAP in a mixed environment at scale SaaS security and access control management (Okta, GSuite, Duo, etc.)
- Endpoint management, protection, and telemetry (InTune, JAMF, Defender ATP, Carbon Black Response, osquery)
- Experience using and securing Linux day-to-day in a production environment
- Experience working with git, GitHub, and Microsoft Azure
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.