Threat Intelligence Analyst
This Role: The Subscriptions and Periodicals team is looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst to assist in producing high quality cyber threat intelligence for clients along a full range of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. This analyst will focus on producing and supervising short-form, high-volume intelligence but will also support other cadences. Writing these reports requires the ability to work with or automate regularly recurring datasets.
What you'll do as a Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Produce and review intelligence summaries accessible to all Recorded Future clients
- Research sets of standardized queries related to cyber threats for specific clients on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Produce and review finished intelligence reports that address clients’ priority intelligence requirements
- Engage with clients across report lifecycle: Initial scoping, finished intelligence delivery, and follow-up review/support
- Develop novel, automated, or simpler processes for regular research and analysis
- Track cyber threat trends across industries and technologies, and generate better ways to do so
- Work on projects across multiple research teams with sometimes tight deadlines
What you'll bring (required):
- 2+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in a similar position
- Demonstrably strong writing ability, to be assessed via a writing sample
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber threats across either a) multiple industries or b) multiple timeframes (e.g., both weekly and quarterly)
- Practical experience using common threat intelligence analysis models such as MITRE ATT&CK, the Diamond Model, and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Excellent writing skills; ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts in verbal products
- Familiarity with and use of common cyber threat intelligence tools such as DomainTools, VirusTotal, SHODAN, etc.
Additional Skills/Experience (preferred but not required):
- Working knowledge of a language/languages other than English, with preference for regions with more active or sophisticated cyberattackers
- Demonstrable experience of conducting cyber threat investigations
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.