Senior Security Engineer - Remote Working (UK)
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time-consuming, and it no longer suits businesses that use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us grow the security engineering function and embed security thinking in our organisation using a tech-first approach.
What you will be working on:
- Drive the vision for security across Zego engineering.
- Identify and define system security requirements for our products/applications
- Security training and outreach to internal engineering teams.
- Assisting with recruiting activities.
- Build safe-by-default guardrails for engineers
- Integrating security into the development of applications.
- Facilitate threat modelling exercises to validate security design decisions.
- Coordinate with security champions and other software engineers to ensure successful and timely remediation of vulnerabilities
- Security guidance documentation.
- Implement security testing tools and methodologies (e.g., SAST, DAST) in collaboration with other engineering teams.
- Keep up to date with the latest tools, methods and techniques to ensure Zego are always ahead of the curve.
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
- A passion for secure software development.
- Experience in developing applications in any programing language (but willing to learn Python)
What's it like to work at Zego?
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.