Colorado Springs, CO
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Penetration Team Tester who will plan and perform continuous cross-domain assessments to identify security gaps, detect malicious activities, develop SIEM detection queries to validate offensive testing methods. The candidate must display familiarity with cloud-based Windows and Linux operating systems and environments and be able to mature SEIM detection methods and have familiarity with Kubernetes. They will have well-rounded understanding of endpoint/network defenses and detection methodologies, forensics, or incident response. They will also have some offensive security knowledge to allow the ability to think like an adversary. Regularly collaborate with multiple teams to resolve security gaps as well as collect metrics and present reports to leadership on current security posture. Travels to client sites on a semi-regular basis to conduct onsite assessments and tests.
- 5+ years’ experience in three or more specific areas to include: networking security, penetration testing tools, red teaming, vulnerability assessment tools, SIEM threat detection, ETC
- Proficiency with cloud technology and deployments: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and familiarity with container technologies to include container orchestration (Kubernetes) and microservices.
- The team member will need to have experience in conducting research and identifying methods to detect emerging cyber threats attack methods, and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Understanding the organizational threat model to effectively design, develop, and execute internal purple team exercises that align to the MITRE attack framework and incorporate TTP libraries of our key adversaries and detection methods
- Ability to document purple team assessment processes, results, and remediation efforts in order to provide status updates to internal and external customer
- Partner with other Security and Engineering pillars in the ongoing cATO(continuous authority to operate) process of more secure development and operational practices.
- Proficiency with commercial and open-source security assessment tools to address identified security gaps based off exercise results
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS (or equivalent) in Cyber security, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- DOD 8570 IAT 3 Compliant (CISSP, CASP, etc)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
- Desired security certification: examples include OSCP, CEH, CISSP, CKS, GCIH, GPEN, etc.
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, EnCase, Sleuthkit and similar tools
- Experience employing advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis
- Law Enforcement/Cyber Forensics experience
- Experience in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data.
- Experience in Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- Experience with DevSecOps, Helm, Gitlab, and K8s
- Desired experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices
- Experience with operational communications
- MS degree in technical field
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.