Lead Security Engineer - Healthcare Data Protection
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.com’s InfoSec Organization is looking for a senior security engineer focused on driving information security and regulatory compliance in Healthcare systems. This role will influence new and existing businesses at Amazon, and will regularly conduct deep dives into critical security and compliance risk areas. This position will provide you with challenging opportunities to work in a rapidly changing environment, learn about new business areas, and influence both tactical and strategic areas of a large global organization. You will be responsible for driving solutions and security engineering standards across teams to develop new, and re-engineer existing secure and compliant systems that process PHI data at scale.
Key tasks includes
· Leads security design reviews and aligns development teams on coherent strategies to protect healthcare data, at scale, to meet regulatory standards and Amazon’s high bar.
· Ensures that identified security issues are treated with a level of urgency that reflects their true risk.
· Identifies opportunities and provides actionable guidance to automate data tracking support healthcare compliance.
· Leads the creation, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of security Policies and Standards
· Understands the requirements of the compliance requirements in the healthcare domain.
· Maintains credibility and strong working relationships with groups involved with healthcare security and compliance matters (InfoSec, Legal, Business Development, Internal Audit, Fraud, Physical Security, Developer Community, Networking, Systems, etc.).
· Responsible for building and influencing security as a core competency throughout our relationships with internal teams/partners/vendor; this includes providing education and training to the organization.
· Delivers recommendations and risk interpretations in a clear, concise and audience-specific format
· Engages with the Business and SMEs to ensure compliance to information security policies
· Supports ad-hoc data analysis requests.
· Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred.
· 10+ years of relevant industry experience including information assurance, data privacy and compliance in healthcare domains.
· 5+ years of information security governance, audit, risk management or related client service or consulting experience.
· Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
· Technical knowledge of healthcare regulatory standards
Preferred Qualifications· Security control and compliance experience in various frameworks including: HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI DSS, GLBA, ISO, NIST, etc.
· CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPP and/or other comparable security controls or audit certifications preferred
· Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security.
· Senior-level written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
· Results oriented, self-motivated.
· Occasional travel may be required.
Job tags: CISA CISM CISSP Compliance HIPAA HITRUST NIST PCI Risk management
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 8 1 0