Senior Cloud and Application Security Engineer
Holmdel, NJ or Atlanta, GA
Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters.
Our CyberSecurity Engineers work closely with development and operations teams to ensure the design and deployment of secure networks and applications in support of delivering a single leading cloud communications platform that powers our customers’ and partners’ global engagement solutions using our APIs, Unified Communications and Contact Center innovations. In this role, you would be responsible for leading initiatives in advancing Vonage AWS Cloud Security Policies and Security Monitoring solutions and in working with product and technology teams in driving compliance with documented Vonage Application and Network Security Blueprints.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Serve as a thought leader on best practices for AWS as it relates to security related architecture, policies, processes, monitoring, and security automation tools.
- Contribute to the authoring of, and adoption of, corporate AWS security policies and process guidelines. This includes working closely with operations and development teams to fully implement.
- Advance Security Monitoring and Alert tools for both Cloud Platforms and Data Center Servers that power Vonage Software & Services
- Lead Proof of Concept testing on vendor security tools in the areas such as vulnerability management, asset protection, encryption, data loss prevention, privileged access management, antimalware, and intrusion detection,. to assess the fit for our environment & teams
- Collaborate closely with leads from across the product and technology teams on new security initiatives
- Participate in new “Security First” initiatives lead by the Security Council and AWS Governance Committee
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Expertise in AWS cloud architecture best practices and AWS security tools including those applicable to Security Groups, VPCs, Firewall Manager, SSM, WAF, Shield Advanced, S3, EC2, Lamda, CloudFront, AWS Security Hub, etc.
- Experience in one or more modern programming languages, such as Python, and in scripting and data analysis.
- Experience in cybersecurity engineering with skills such as Penetration Testing, Asset Protection, API Security, Incident Response, or Network Security
- Some knowledge of advanced technologies like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, EKS, etc.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with automation of security monitoring and alerting tools in support of further enablement and efficiencies of the Security Operations Center
- Software Development and Architecture expertise to support application security design reviews and the assessment of Secure Software Development Processes and Tools including SAST, DAST, OSS, and
- Familiarity with industry security frameworks like NIST and with compliance standards including PCI, ISO27001, HiTrust, HIPAA, and SOC II Type II.
- Skills to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and define requirements for improvement initiatives based on such data.
- A strong desire to understand and gain expert knowledge of Vonage products and services and their associated network and application architectures.
What is required for application
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years experience in software architecture and development and/or network engineering
- 3+ years of experience in network, system, or software security; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- 3+ yrs experience working on AWS cloud security management.
- AWS Certifications including Certified Architect and/or Security Specialist
- Ability to stand firm on Security First best practices even when challenged
- Proven history of working independently, gaining alignment from others, and leading cross-organizational projects with minimal oversight
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.