The Security Analyst role provides candidates with hands-on experience performing analysis and remediation of information security events. In addition to investigating events, candidates will be responsible for making improvements to existing detection and prevention controls through process and technology improvements, including the use of automation platforms. Candidates are expected to question the status quo to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and are enabled to take action to ensure the effectiveness of a distributed security program operating within DevOps centric workflows.
What you'll do:
- Drive continuous improvement across all aspects of Security Operations
- Perform daily event and incident triage (e.g., malware triage, network analysis, live response, etc.)
- Develop and maintain security operations processes & documentation (e.g., runbooks, operating procedures, etc.)
- Assist with the analysis and remediation of security incidents
- Enhance detection and prevention controls (e.g., logic updates, exclusions, etc.)
- Collaborate on design, architecture, and threat models to incorporate detection and monitoring requirements
- Collaborate on response, containment, and remediation for confirmed security incidents
- Work with different operating systems and cloud hosting providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI)
- Develop automation playbooks to improve the efficiency of operation processes
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and drive efficiency
- Maintain working knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Maintain event collection environment through health monitoring
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years working in a Security Operations or equivalent role
- Firm understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures and means of detection
- Strong technical understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Proficiency with security tools and platforms (e.g., SIEMs, vulnerability scanners, and malware analyzers)
- Familiarity with IDS/IPS systems and endpoint Antivirus and EDR products
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python or PowerShell preferred)
- Working knowledge DevOps concepts (e.g., Infrastructure as Code, Deployment Pipelines, etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to synthesize risks and derive detection countermeasures
- This position is available for remote workers with flexible working hours but may require occasional work outside of normal business hours.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.