Security Development Engineer II
Seattle, Washington, United States
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
Qualtrics has grown exponentially and that growth means constantly evaluating how we secure systems, identifying potential threats, and implementing the tooling necessary that will help us maintain a strong security posture at scale. We are looking for people who believe a sustainable growth oriented engineering culture and crazy high-impact results go hand in hand. As a member of our SecDev engineering team, you will work on a wide breadth of areas including Privacy, Encryption, Application Gateways, Service Mesh, Secrets Management, Identity & Access Management, Intrusion Detection, and Abuse Prevention. Your work will provide a secure, stable and low-ops development infrastructure for our 800+ engineers. You will have the opportunity to learn from Staff level engineers building tier-0 services with >20k TPS, engage with the open source community, and advance the state of the art in applied AISec.
A Day in the Life
- Build tools to help detect malicious abuse or anomalous behavior
- Implement solutions to handle authentication/authorization between services
- Empower engineers to own the security of their products through self-service tools
- Build tools and integrations to automate processes and improve our incident response
- Detect, investigate, and analyze potential threats identified by our Security Operations Center. This includes building tools needed to do this effectively
- Improve centralized identity access management tools
- Identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve security
- Identify and analyze anomalies leveraging a log management solution. (e.g. splunk, sumo logic, elastic, OSSEC)
- Maintaining security development services
- Administration of security infrastructure
Some technologies we leverage to accomplish our goals - Python!!!, Linux, Docker, Puppet/Hiera, Bash, and Nomad We leverage metrics and log search systems heavily for visibility and alerting. Use the best tool/platform for the job, this includes adding to the existing tech stack.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or any other related field
- 2-5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Golang or Python, including object-oriented design
- Experience with professional software engineering practices (e.g. agile product development, code reviews, design documents, on-call, test automation, continuous deployment etc.)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience developing cloud-based software services and design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience with Secure Development patterns
- Experience with deep learning for abuse prevention, network analysis, or anomaly detection
- Professional experience with Python and/or Golang
- Continuous deployment automation experience with Spinnaker
What Differentiates Qualtrics from Other Companies
- Work–life integration is deeply important to us - we have regular office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices’ design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- Qualtrics continues amazing growth; from 2,300 to 8,000 employees by 2023 across the Globe.
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)