Engineer, Cyber - Defender Endpoint Security (EDR)
NielsenIQWe’re unrelenting in our pursuit of the most detailed data sets, measuring every consumer transaction to deliver the knowledge that every business needs to drive growth.
Engineer, Cyber - Defender Endpoint Security (EDR), Chennai/Pune,India
NielsenIQ is working toward a position of greater maturity within the Endpoint Security technology domain. This position will be responsible for maintaining current technologies while working toward implementing more sophisticated means of visibility and control of hosts. You will be supporting programs across all geographies and business units.
As an Endpoint Security Engineer, you will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and operations of current tools as well as ongoing modification so that the abilities of the tools are actualized. Additionally, there will be significant uplift to transition from the current platforms to an integrated platform. The ability to implement new solutions/platforms is critical. The primary focus will be on NielsenIQ-hosted solutions but will also incorporate various tools across a diverse array of cloud platforms with a strong focus on Azure solutions.
This position will involve working closely with Enterprise IT, infrastructure teams and the Governance Risk and Controls team to deploy and operate a variety of tools.
- Operate and maintain current EDR / antivirus platforms
- Provide configuration support and participate in troubleshooting activities to support application platforms as well as end users
- Work with Enterprise IT to drive best practices across global estate of endpoints (cloud, virtual, physical, application, etc.)
- Review and advise regarding best practices for endpoint hardening
- Support Security Operations Center and Incident Response functions to drive understanding and use of tools/environments
- Participate in POC activities and decision making for new product analysis and selection
- Write, create and update documentation for internal teams, technical users and end users
- Interface with vendors to drive product enhancements as well as issue resolution
- Create and present training materials for non-technical users
- Support organization-wide campaigns to drive security foundations into all technology
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field including Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Science or similar desired - experience in government, military or in other capacities with similar focus can be substituted
- Hands-on security and configuration experience with Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Experience using tools such as JAMF and Intune .Ability to manage and support popular AV/EDR platforms such as McAfee EPO, Microsoft Defender, Crowdstrike
- Working knowledge of how to extract data and manipulate endpoints using Tanium .Ability to directly support incident response teams and participate on an as-demanded basis
- Experience working with government or military organizations and sophisticated cybercrime experience including knowledge of sophisticated hacking techniques, malicious actors, IOCs, TTPs and the ability to translate intelligence into action is desirable
- Hands on with and securing modern enterprise technologies such as containers, virtualization, cloud, secrets management, orchestration, authentication, SSO, MFA, federation in multi-cloud environments, passwordless and zero trust architecture
- Demonstrated experience with change management in enterprise production environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python ,MITRE ATT&CK and NIST CSF frameworks
- Ability to manipulate large datasets using tools such as Splunk, PowerBI, SQL Ability to reverse engineer malware using a variety of tools is desirable, but not required
- Demonstrated engagement in security conferences, training, learning, associations is highly desired and fully supported
- Enjoy a flexible and rewarding work environment with peer-to-peer recognition platforms.
- Recharge and revitalize with help of wellness plans made for you and your family.
- Plan your future with financial wellness tools.
- Stay relevant and upskill yourself with career development opportunities.
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Azure Cloud Computer Science CrowdStrike Cyber crime EDR Endpoint security Governance Incident response Jamf Linux MacOS Malware MITRE ATT&CK NIST Physics PowerShell Python Scripting SOC Splunk SQL SSO TTPs Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development Conferences Flex hours Wellness
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs