Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Indian Springs, Nevada, United States
Full Time Mid-level / Intermediate Clearance required USD 76K - 125K *
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Spectrum is seeking highly qualified Information Systems Security Officer to support our customer at Creech AFB, NV. In this role you will advise and assist the customer with operational test planning, execution, data analysis and reporting.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for the assigned information technologies (IT). Perform duties related to maintaining situational awareness and initiating actions to improve or restore cybersecurity posture. To satisfy this
requirement, the contractor will require administrative privileges for the assigned IT.
- Implement and enforce all AF cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures.
- Complete and maintain required cybersecurity certification IAW AFMAN 17-1303. Individuals in this position must be U.S. citizens.
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances and need-to-know, complete annual cybersecurity training, and are aware of their responsibilities before being granted access to the IT according to AFMAN 17-1301.
- Maintain all authorized user access control documentation IAW the applicable AF Records Information Management System.
- Ensure software, hardware, and firmware complies with appropriate security configuration guidelines (e.g., security technical implementation guides /security requirement guides).
- Ensure proper configuration management procedures are followed prior to implementation and contingent upon necessary approval. Coordinate changes or modifications with the system-level ISSM, SCA, and/or the Wing Cybersecurity office and to the CO and group policy manager (GPM).
- Initiate protective or corrective measures, in coordination with the ISSM, when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Report security incidents or vulnerabilities to the system-level ISSM, wing cybersecurity office according to AFI 17-203, Cyber Incident Handling and to the CO and GPM.
- Initiate exceptions, deviations, or waivers to cybersecurity requirements.
- 5 years overseeing Air Force IT systems
- High School Diploma
- Security + and Cisco Certified Network Admin certifications
- Active Secret Security Clearance to begin work
- Capable of obtaining Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Clearance Security Clearance Top Secret Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Equity Health care Insurance Medical leave Parental leave
More jobs like this
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Associate Manager - Wealth and Asset Management ConsultantAgile Analytics Banking Compliance Finance FinTech +2
Career development Cell phone stipend Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +9
Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United … Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 45K - 84K * USD 45K+ *
BP133ISSO2 - Mid Level Information System Security Officer - ClearedC Cloud Compliance Computer Science Encryption GSLC +7
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Hampton, Virginia, United States Hampton, Virginia, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 105K * USD 56K+ *
Information System Security Officer (ISSO)Clearance Compliance Computer Science Firewalls Security assessment Security Assessment Report +1
401(k) matching Equity Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs