Sr. Threat Detection Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Extensive experience writing detections and/or responding to incidents
- A risk based approach to security. As a senior engineer, you’ll have to help focus the team by understanding which issues need to be tackled first
- An extensive knowledge of the current security landscape with deep domain knowledge in a number of areas
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drive the cutting edge of threat detection. We aim to be an organization that is solving problems that other teams aren’t even facing yet
- Set the strategy for threat detection at Snowflake. As teams deploy new tools and capabilities, you’ll figure out what strategies we need to implement to detect threats that arise from introduced risks and uplift our capabilities to meet those challenges. You’ll be researching novel technologies (graphs, ML, etc) and working to implement them into our technology stack
- Mentor junior engineers and develop automation. We believe a senior engineer should never solve the same problem twice because they’ve either taught someone else or they’ve built automation to solve the problem
- You consider yourself a subject matter expert in the security of one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You’ve built systems that helped augment threat detection capabilities
- You have experience in the security of SaaS products
- Significant experience in SQL and development/scripting language (Go, Python, etc)
- You’ve presented at conferences or submitted papers detailing your novel experiences or findings in the areas of security
- You’ve helped secure a zero-trust/cloud heavy environment previously
- Experience with Kubernetes security
- Developed and worked with systems that utilize infrastructure-as-a-code
- You have experience with threat hunting especially for advanced or novel threats
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- We are laser focused on doing security better, and we do not tolerate the status quo.
- We have strong demand from our customers, and support from the business for security.
- We are a great team that combines a diverse set of backgrounds and skills.
- Did we mention we are one of the fastest-growing software companies, ever? The opportunity for impact is enormous.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?