Cloud Security Engineer - Hybrid
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 82K - 140K *
XOR Security is currently seeking talented Cloud Engineer to support an Agency-level enterprise cyber program. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in security engineering and systems administration. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to cloud security, Operations and Maintenance (O&M), cloud brokering, and cloud infrastructure implementation.
Washington D.C., USA
*** Onsite 2 days a week
Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Azure - Strong Cloud security background particularly with Microsoft Defender suite and Sentinel experience
- 2-4 years of experience in cloud environments focused on security
- 2-4 years of experience in security engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of information security, cloud security, systems engineering, big data, or the various sciences related to enterprise technology.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge in information security, cloud security, systems engineering, big data, or the various sciences related to enterprise technology.
- Participate in the improvement of agency's overall security posture and mission capabilities with the adoption of cloud computing technologies.
- The Contractor shall actively participate in discussions to coordinate and align mission/business objectives and cloud technological capabilities to allow continued technology modernization within the agency.
- Participates as needed in all phases of systems security engineering with emphasis on the planning, analysis, security, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Provide support to understand and develop system requirements and technical solutions for cybersecurity engineering based on system architectures.
- Support the maturation of agency's enterprise architecture to align with the Commission's information security and risks to the organizational operations, organizational assets, and individuals.
- Develop alternatives of system designs and/or architectures which consider trade-offs between security requirements, functional/operational requirements and cost
- Identify and define the requirements of the overall security of the network.
- Plan, engineer, and monitor overall security implementation of network systems.
- Support in configuring and implementing network security tools.
- Test and provide solutions for system weaknesses, threats, security issues.
- Research and identify latest suitable technologies and processes that will improve the overall security of the system.
- Regularly audit the existing network configuration and provide improvement recommendations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Azure Big Data C Clearance Clearance Required Cloud Computer Science Network security
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Health care
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs