Managing Principal, Cloud Security
Chicago, IL, United States
Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer’s experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world’s largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.
Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our leadership in Global Dynamics 365 Field Service and Manufacturing is what truly sets us apart and enables us to maintain a strategic relationship with Microsoft.
The Managing Principal, Cloud Security is a hands-on leadership role (doer-leader) responsible for managing a team of Microsoft Cloud Security Engineers, overseeing the design and implementation of cybersecurity strategies, and developing effective go-to-market security strategies aligned to the Microsoft Security Portfolio and/or other Microsoft Cybersecurity products/features. The successful candidate will possess advanced experience and knowledge in a wide range of security engineering areas, including identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data, and securing applications. They will also have previous experience building and managing teams, contributing to professional services market strategy, or product/program management and development.
This individual will play a critical role in shaping the organization's cybersecurity landscape and ensuring the ongoing protection of sensitive information and assets. They will lead a team of dedicated consulting professionals in the pursuit of excellence in security practices, driving innovation, compliance, and resilience across our customers’ Microsoft Cloud and Hybrid ecosystem.
- Lead and manage a team of Microsoft Cloud Security Engineers responsible for the implementation, management, and monitoring of security resources in Azure, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments.
- Project delivery and /or project delivery oversight as needed to support customer engagements.
- Continuously collaborate with practice leadership to develop and execute effective practice growth strategies, drive practice revenue, and capitalize on new GTM opportunities.
- Participate heavily in presales and sales enablement, including proposal development, contract review, client-facing presentations, Microsoft partnership discussions, and effective sales strategy discussions.
- Design and evolve cybersecurity strategies to protect Clients’ business processes across all aspects of the enterprise architecture.
- Align with Zero Trust strategies and architectures, including security strategies for data, applications, access management, identity, and infrastructure.
- Evaluate and optimize Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) technical strategies and security operations strategies.
- Organize and run quarterly security reviews with Client executives as part of a paid service offering.
- Develop and contribute to thought-leadership content including blogs, podcasts, conferences, presentations, and industry-aligned customer success stories.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have proven experience in leading teams and managing people to drive successful outcomes and deliver each and every employee optimal fulfillment in their roles. They should have the ability to inspire and motivate others to work towards a common goal.
- The ideal candidate will have deep experience in developing and implementing strategic plans that align with the overall mission and vision of the company and its Clients.
- Deep understanding of the industry in which the company operates. This includes knowledge of competitors, market trends, and regulatory issues.
- The candidate should have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders, including employees, shareholders, and customers.
- The candidate should have experience in identifying and managing risks that could impact the company's operations or reputation.
- The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of corporate governance practices, including common legal and regulatory requirements, and the role various executive stakeholders play within Client organizations; CISO/CTO/CIO/CCO/etc.
- Experience in identifying Client’s business requirements and finding the appropriate technology solutions to these business challenges.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in a wide range of security engineering areas, including identity and access, platform protection, security operations, securing data, and securing applications.
- Practical experience in the administration of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 and hybrid environments.
- Deep experience in the Microsoft Security Portfolio, Microsoft’s Cybersecurity Reference Architectures, and other industry-specific security platforms. Experience with competitive security solutions a plus.
- Proven experience in managing teams of security engineers and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Certification in Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect Expert is strongly recommended, with successful completion of at least one of the following exams: SC-200, SC-300, AZ-500, or MS-500.
Please note: Although this is a Remote / Virtual / Work-From-Home career opportunity, candidates MUST reside, and be authorized to work without sponsorship, in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of scams
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) firstname.lastname@example.org domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Azure Cloud Compliance Governance Monitoring Strategy
Perks/benefits: Career development Conferences
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs