Data Manager Consultant
London, United Kingdom
PA ConsultingAn innovation and transformation consultancy, we believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future. Our clients adapt and transform, and…
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 4000 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists.
We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, mathematical modelling and ML, with a focus on using advanced analytics techniques to support data centric decision making in government organizations, police forces, aerospace, defence, and security businesses. Our company is committed to helping these organizations anticipate threats, keep people safe, and meet their clients' needs.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to identify business opportunities, assess risks, and recommend data-driven solutions that drive business growth.
- A degree, Masters or PhD from a leading university in data science, mathematics, operational research, physics, or statistics
- Experience of conducting analysis for evidence-based decision making, developing models and analyses to support data centric decision making
- Experience in working in the Defence and Security sector.
- Experience working with clients to translate business needs into solutions
- Experience of working across the full modelling lifecycle - problem formulation, exploratory data analysis, model design, build, testing and handover
- Experience working with common tools like python, SQL and Excel for modelling and analysis
- An inquisitive mind that wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues.
- Experience of leading and delivering solutions that involved one or more of the following specialisms: advanced analytics and data science, developing operational research models, big data platforms, data visualisation or dashboard development.
- Experience of leading and delivering complex business intelligence and analytical projects
- A genuine affinity for problem solving - an inquisitive mind who wants to solve the trickiest challenges whilst working with incredible colleagues
**Given the information restriction levels on the work we do in this space, current L3 Clearance is a requirement for this role.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics Big Data Clearance Mathematics PhD Physics Python SQL
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs