Senior Information Security & Compliance Analyst
Senior Information Security & Compliance Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Information Security & Compliance, the Senior Information Security & Compliance analyst is responsible for creating and/or maintaining security policies and procedures, identifying risks, and ensuring IT controls and operational processes are in place to mitigate identified risks. The Senior Analyst promotes an efficient and secure IT environment in alignment with present and future cyber risks. The Senior Analyst will participate in regulatory compliance activities, cybersecurity audits & assessments (and follow up with remediation activities based on audit recommendations), and maturing various cybersecurity programs including cybersecurity awareness, Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC), and third-party risk.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team with a fantastic organization. In this role you will be exposed to various cutting-edge technologies, including various cloud platforms and the latest cybersecurity technologies to ensure their protection. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in business administration, computer science, information technology, law or legal studies, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years Information/Cybersecurity (or related field) experience, ideally with at least 3 years information security Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) experience.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity, as well as industry trends.
- Strong knowledge and experience with at least one industry-standard risk/control framework: AICPA SOC 1 or 2, CIS Top 20, COSO, ITIL, NIST, SOX, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing cybersecurity documentation.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with various cybersecurity aspects of cloud environments including Microsoft Azure, O365, AWS or other similar relevant environments is highly desired.
- Having an innate process-orientation and/or extensive experience working within a mature process-oriented environment and being able to translate that skillset, is highly desired.
- Working technical knowledge of security, as well as industry trends.
- Working knowledge and experience with information security standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. NAIC, GLBA, CCPA etc.).
- Ability to function as a consultant to other IT groups on security matters as a recognized expert and to lead cross-functional teams in making sound risk-based decisions.
- Experience evangelizing cybersecurity practices across multiple technical teams.
- Experience in working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse stakeholders.
- Mastery of cyber risk analysis & compliance best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively regardless of the medium.
- Show initiative in contributing to conversation with thought-provoking commentary or inquiry.
- May design relevant cybersecurity technologies & processes to achieve established goals and provides valuable input into cybersecurity strategies.
- Proficiency with task/time management, process & project management, and business acumen (e.g. negotiation, influence, understand key business drivers etc.).
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- One or more security certifications desired: CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP, or other relevant certifications a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Participate in Information Security & Compliance teams’ day-to-day operational execution.
- Act as the single technical point of contact (sometimes as hands-on SME) for multiple Cybersecurity areas of focus/critical tasks or projects and work in coordination with management/project management to achieve cybersecurity OKRs.
- Provide valuable contributions to the Cybersecurity Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Assist with the development and on-going execution of the formal Cybersecurity third-party/supplier risk program.
- Mature and enhance the formal cybersecurity awareness & training program.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and control objectives.
- Develop robust standard operating procedures for the team where gaps are identified.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and followed; provide regular feedback to team and management.
- Coordinate Technology department response to both internal and external audits as needed.
- Stay abreast of new innovations and trends related to cybersecurity-focused technologies.
- Participate or lead the evaluation and analysis of potential new security applications and systems and make recommendations to management.
- Communicate unresolved security exposures, misuse, or non-compliance situations to management.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.