Research Scientist Security Engineering and Security Automation (f/m/div.)
Bosch GroupMoving stories and inspiring interviews. Experience the meaning of "invented for life" by Bosch completely new. Visit our international website.
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: We grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- As a security researcher at Bosch Research, you will be working in projects that develop innovative security solutions for Bosch products and services.
- You will engage with Bosch product divisions to understand what is specifically needed and interact with the academic community to identify research results that can be applied to address these needs.
- Furthermore, you will develop new methods and techniques, identify opportunities for new research topics, publish your work at scientific venues and educate Bosch associates in information security.
- In addition, you will work closely with the Bosch product divisions to understand their specific needs for security automation as well as the technical constraints in their tool- and process-landscapes.
- You will develop new methods to automate security-related tasks across the entire product life cycle – from threat and risk analysis to security concept derivation to implementation validation and verification to security monitoring, vulnerability management such as threat intelligence.
- As research scientist in our team, you will study existing DevSecOps tools and best practices as well as new methods and technologies from academic research and adapt them to the specific requirements of Bosch products.
- Moreover, you will implement software prototypes to experimentally validate your research ideas and to showcase them to the engineers and management at the Bosch product divisions.
- Demonstrating your regular progress to stakeholders and the leadership team and turning selected prototypes into code that meets our internal quality standards with the help of our software enablement team are also part of your responsibilities.
- You will interact with the academic as well as Bosch-internal security community to identify new research questions, technical solutions and collaboration opportunities and you will actively contribute to our cybersecurity research strategy.
- Last but not least, you will educate cybersecurity training to Bosch employees and participate in company-wide initiatives to further improve the security of our products.
- Education: PhD in Information Security or related areas
- Working Practice: enjoy working on a broad range of security topics, from specification to implementation to operations
- Experience and Knowledge: several years of professional work experience in this area and experience with academic research (you have published your work at conferences or in journals), good understanding of CI/CD techniques, experience with DevOps and DevSecOps methods, tools and best practices, knowledge with cloud and edge technologies, professional experience in security engineering and in software development, worked in an international environment, good understanding of the main concepts of applied cryptography, software security and system security, able to implement advanced concepts prototypically in software and evaluate them experimentally, contribution to a successful open source project
- Enthusiasm: passionate about research, eager to learn new things, and excited to create impact on the ground
- Languages: fluent in English written and spoken
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotely - we offer great opportunities for mobile working. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Kathrin Stipak (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Paul Duplys (Functional Department)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Automation CI/CD Cloud Cryptography DevOps DevSecOps Monitoring Open Source PhD Risk analysis Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Career development Conferences
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Specialist jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open SIEM-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs