Head of Incident Response
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Risk @ GoCardless
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers. We are here to protect and grow GoCardless - we focus both on ensuring we build a sustainable business and pave the way for new opportunities for GoCardless.
Our mission is realised through 4 things we do...
- Providing the safety net means we’re never at risk of going bankrupt due to Fraud
- Risk as IP (intellectual property) - we create risk-based products which increase the value of GC
- Risk a feature - we use how we do risk as a selling point
- Unlocking potential - we provide the key to unlocking areas the business wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach
Our operating principles (how we do what we do) underpin our strategy and crucial for our business success. We
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but unlocks the potential to serve everyone and achieve our goals
- ...automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies and believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
What teams will you be managing?
You’ll be leading our IRM team comprised of both dedicated IRMs and part time IRMs and get how we do IR to the next level.
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience in fast growing businesses (e.g. companies growing their revenue/merchant count 50-100% YoY)
- Experience running at scale (payment processing >£30b)
- Knowledge of what great looks like or has proven to solve hard problems using innovative thinking - you know what great IRMs look like, how IR feeds into overall ERM process and the tools to use. Previous IRM roles in big tech companies (FB, Linkedin, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter etc.)
- Experience working in global companies (with multiple offices worldwide) and managing at the centre level, not local or regional
- Very strong analytical and operational skills - understands data is key to manage risk the right way
- Experience building IRM frameworks and running training programmes
- Experience running major scale incidents to containment and recovery
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.