Vulnerability Management Analyst - NYC or Southbury, CT
New York, New York, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in New York City. There is no remote work option post covid. We are co-located in the office, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices - which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times. We will consider highly qualified candidates to work in the IBM office in Southbury, CT.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM CIO is seeking an experienced Vulnerability Management Analyst for the CIO Cybersecurity program.
You are self-motivated, life-long learner and well versed in Cybersecurity. You will need to have a strong knowledge and experience with vulnerability management and processes, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems, configuration management and vulnerability scanning are required. Knowledge of cloud and infrastructure support systems and network devices such as FW, WAFs, IDS/IPS, etc. is also required. Along with your technical knowledge, attention to details and follow-up are core requirements to this role.
This role will provide technical expertise and work directly with endpoint and infrastructure support teams, as well as drive the vulnerability management program for remediations across the enterprise. You will work with directly with team members as subject matter expert as well as lead for resolution of vulnerabilities, configuration and troubleshooting, and assessment. Your role will support the team across the entire life cycle of vulnerability and configuration management including knowledge and expertise in our tools, asset management, scanning, mitigating controls to assess threat, review of remediation timelines for application related vulnerabilities, projects and reporting. You will be required to track and work with team members across the IBM enterprise for patching and remediation as subject matter expert and liaison.
IBMers are our everyday consumers and we focus on securing their environment and improving their experience every day.
- Identify, assess, prioritize and act on vulnerabilities and weaknesses that weaken the CIO’s overall security posture.
- Perform technical application and infrastructure security vulnerability assessments across a wide range of critical CIO assets, including hardware, software, SaaS offerings, network infrastructure, and Cloud solutions.
- Work with IBM business units to effectively communicate the risks of identified vulnerabilities and make recommendations regarding the selection of cost-effective security controls to mitigate identified risks
- Develop/refine necessary governance documentation (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines) for all security vulnerability assessment processes.
- Collaborate with various teams (IT, Development, Research, Services) to help ensure designs and implementations meet specified security standards.
- Prepare detailed cyber security vulnerability metrics and reports for all Business Units and leadership
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience dealing with threat actors with the ability to articulate how they operate and demonstrate how they subvert common security controls
- Strong understanding of network services, vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Knowledge of application exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of ports and services typical in configuration of web servers, file servers, and workstations
- Demonstrated understanding of Windows/Mac/Linux operating system and infrastructure/cloud vulnerability scanning and configuration
- Strong knowledge of security technologies and architecture.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, DNS, DCHP, DMZ architecture, Active Directory, Proxies, Cloud architecture technologies and VPNs
- Candidates must be familiar with CVEs, CVSS, and Mitre as well as other industry specific vulnerability classification standards, frameworks, and best-practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years working in Information Security Technology or Vulnerability Management or closely-related discipline
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience with threat hunting and threat intelligence
- Experience with industry standard defensive tools including EDR
- Comfortable working with a team in an agile environment
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.