Cyber Security Analyst Apprentice
Rocket Center, West Virginia, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Cyber Security Apprentice at IBM, you’ll work in Security Operations Center where you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge using the latest tools and technologies in supporting and preventing cyber threats for our clients.
As Cyber Security Apprentice your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and audit client systems to ensure the protection of those systems, information resources, and data within
- Monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations/anomalies and respond to all such incidents
- Work with all teams to investigate potential security violations, respond, and report accordingly
- Perform continuous monitoring duties such as vulnerability assessments, manual configuration reviews, and event analysis.
- Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses.
- Assess and detect network vulnerabilities.
- Maintain security system infrastructure.
- Maintain awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Install, configure, deploy, integrate, operate and maintain security toolsets.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Willingness to complete the requirements of the apprenticeship program
- Some knowledge or experience with any of the following:
- Operating Systems like Windows, Linux
- General networking and infrastructure fundamentals
- Perl, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Clearance Compliance Linux Perl PHP Python Strategy Vulnerabilities Windows
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 49 9 0