Cybersecurity Project Analyst
Austin, Texas, US
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security Operations is seeking a Cybersecurity Project Analyst to help expand our security organization. The individual will be responsible for the coordination of internal cybersecurity projects supporting the IBM Security Operations teams (SOC, Incident Response, Command Center), other responsibilities include technical writing of our Operational processes documents and creating metrics and reports. The Cyber Security Analyst will report into the Command Center, but work may be matrix’d to another team.
Essential Job Duties
- Applies both Agile and traditional project management disciplines and experience, develops plans to include project definitions, scope, business requirements, cost, completion dates, resource allocation, and quality/reliability for a group of projects in 1 or more programs.
- Manages the backlog for 1 or more projects.
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed.
- Reviews and provide guidance in the development of business cases.
- Create and maintain department workflow and narratives documentation (Runbooks, Playbooks, process flows, etc.)
- Create reports and metrics (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and adhoc)
- Data analysis to correlate data from multiple sources looking for trends or opportunity for improvements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- IT or cyber security project coordination experience supporting a Security Operations environment.
- Experience in project coordination with focus on network and infrastructure implementation projects is a plus.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 3 years of applicable program/project management experience.
- Knowledge and application of business process analysis methodologies.
- Outstanding analytical, consulting, communication, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Agile software development, networking or security management environments is preferred.
- Demonstration of self-learning in the domains of cybersecurity a plus.
- PMP certification preferred.
- - Proven knowledge or experience in technical writing or documenting Cyber security workflows
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Experience in creating and customizing Trello Boards
- Self-starter and self-driven
- Ability to be flexible when work priorities shift
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Compliance Incident response Scrum
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 12 2 0